This recipe from reader our friend Naomi Mobed (owner of Le Bon Magot) is easy to put together in a flash and a delicious way to use our Shawarma blends. East or West, the choice is yours!
4 large organic chicken thighs (bone-in, with skin)
¾ cup full fat plain yogurt
2-3 cloves of peeled and minced garlic (to taste)
1 inch (or more) cube of peeled and minced ginger (to taste)
1 Tablespoon grapeseed oil or neutral olive oil (one that is not too pungent)
1 Tablespoon La Boîte NY Shawarma blend
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
½-1 teaspoon cracked black pepper (to taste)
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Thoroughly mix all ingredients (except chicken) in a large bowl.
2. Once mixed, add chicken thighs and massage yogurt mixture into the chicken, making sure to go under the skin.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let chicken marinate for up to 2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Roast chicken in oven for 25 minutes with last 5-10 minutes on broil at 420 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once removed from the oven, let rest for 10 minutes before serving with vegetable of choice (we ate it with sautéed spinach, lightly sprinkled with a mix of sea salt, cardamom, mace and nutmeg).
A variation – Roast chicken on bed of onions dusted with a hint of sea salt and drizzled with 1 tablespoon of grapeseed or olive oil.