Salt pulls a lot of the bitter and hot compounds from radishes and kale, taming them. Pair these two vegetables with creamy tahini, bright lemon, and Ana N.36 for an easy, healthy, and vibrant salad.
2 bunches radishes, greens trimmed, grated (the shredding disk in a food processor works very well)
1 large bunch lacinato kale leaves, thick parts of stem removed, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup tahini
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Ana N36 + 1 Tbsp
Honey to taste
1. Sprinkle the radishes with a small handful of salt and mix well. Allow to sit for 15 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl massage the kale with a small handful of salt. Let rest, the massage again every 5 minutes until noticeably softer, two or three times total.
3. Rinse both the kale and radishes with plenty of cool water, then squeeze dry by hand. It’s ok for them to be damp, just not dripping wet.
4. Mix tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, if using, and 2 Tbsp Ana in a bowl, stirring well, add water until you reach a thin dressing consistency.
5. Toss this dressing with the radishes and kale until well mixed, then top with the remaining 2 tsp of Ana.
Great with labneh croutons (toast a small slice of sourdough bread, top with a smear of labneh or greek yogurt, and sprinkle either some Ana or za’atar on top).
Fun to try
• Keep any leftovers in a well-chilled portion of the refrigerator. Makes a great addition to soups and long braises where you want to add fresh vegetable flavor and earthiness.
• Great as a topping on oven baked flatbread. The radishes caramelize, the kale crisps, and the tahini and Ana perfume the air.
Food image and recipe © Christian Leue. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org