This recipe from reader Vicki Bensinger pairs roasted beets with white beans and our Yagenbori spice. Perfect for a poolside snack or as part of a summer mediterranean dinner.
“It was so good I couldn’t stop eating it. I kept telling myself, ‘ok, just a little bit more.’ I felt like I was getting carried away finding every chance I could to take one more taste. Honestly it was ridiculous!?
Makes 4-6 servings
1 red beet, roasted
2 Tablespoons tahini
1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 (15 oz.) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt or sea salt
1/4 teaspoon Yagenbori
Extra-virgin olive oil
1. Roast the beet. Set aside to cool. Using gloves or two plastic baggies for your hands, peel the skin away from the beet.
2. In a food processor, add all ingredients EXCEPT for the olive oil.
3. Puree ingredients until smooth and creamy. If serving immediately, plate. If not, store in a glass container with lid and place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
4. Plate: Spread hummus onto a plate. Using the back of a spoon create a swirl into the hummus leaving grooves (like a moat).
5. Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil into the grooves. Optional: garnish with pine nuts.
A link to Vicki’s full blog post is here!