I like to roast carrots with silan (date syrup), it balances and enhances the natural sweetness. For salt I like to use black olives.
Ingredients & Instructions
– Pre heat the oven to 400°F.
– In a bowl season the carrots with olive oil, salt, a few pinches of Izak spice and 2 tablespoons silan (or honey).
– Add the the lemon wedges and olives and spread on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
– Roast for about 25 minutes, flipping the carrots once or twice during cooking with a spatula.
– Serve warm, or cold as a salad.