A pan-fried veggie version of the beef kefta I like to make. These are also great with tahina sauce or any other condiment you like.
Izak N37 – Recipe by Lior Lev Sercarz
Ingredients & Instructions
1 bunch Swiss chard (I used rainbow chard), washed, stems and leaves finely chopped
1 large white onion, peeled and finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped almonds (or any other nut)
1 tablespoon Izak N37
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
– In a pan cook the onion with some olive oil over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and half of the Izak spice. Place the cooked onions in a bowl and use the same pan to cook the chard with some oil, salt and the remaining Izak spice for 5 minutes.
– Add the chard to the onions and let cool for about 5 minutes.
– Combine the almonds, panko breadcrumbs and egg with the onion and chard and mix well.
– Shape 20 small ball of the mixture. Heat some olive oil in a non stick pan and fry the keftas for 3 minutes on each side.
– Serve with tahina sauce or any other condiment of your choice.